Pan BagnatPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 10 mins
This is a wonderful picnic option, so easy to make and absolutely delicious – perfect too for BYO lunch-to-work!
Pan bagnat is a sandwich that is a specialty of the Nice area in France. Effectively a tuna roll with hard-boiled eggs and bundles of seasonal veggies, the longer it has time for the flavours to permeate through the bread, the tastier it is. Making the night before is perfect. You may wish to include anchovies, olives, ribbons of cucumber, pickled vegetables…the options are endless.
Recipe and image by Sophie Hansen @locallovely
- 1 crunchy baguette
- 1 cup smooth ricotta
- Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 1 cup tuna in oil
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup roasted red capsicum
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
- Slice baguette in half length-ways.
- Spread one half with ricotta and the other half with tomato relish.
- Scatter the ricotta spread piece with tuna. Dollop with pesto, layer capsicum, egg, basil leaves and top with more ricotta.
- Place the other baguette half on top and tie together with a few loops of kitchen twine.
- Refrigerate to allow flavours to permeate, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into quarters or thirds, bon appetite!