PBJ Bliss BallsPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 12 – 15
Recipe and image by: @Jana MacPherson
These no-bake bliss balls are flavoured with chocolate and peanut butter and have a delightful Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar preserve drop in the centre. These make such a lovely gift, and are delish in a loved one’s lunchbox too!
- Anathoth Farm More Fruit, Less Sugar Berry with Chia preserve – 15 small drops, around 4 teaspoons
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup nuts, I used cashews and walnuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Take a plate or small baking tray and place a piece of baking paper on top.
- Place 15 drops of jam on the baking paper. These are going to be the jam centers of the bliss balls.
- Pop them in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- The next step is to blitz the nuts in a food processor until they are fine.
- Add the dates, peanut butter, cocoa powder & maple syrup.
- Whizz until the mix is combined and starts to clump together.
- To assemble the next step, take half your jam drops out of the freezer - they defrost fast so it's good to have everything all ready to go.
- Scoop a tablespoon of mix and pop the jam drop in the middle and shape the mix around it.
- Pop in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours
- When you are ready to coat in chocolate, take the chocolate and melt it with coconut oil. I like to melt it in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Gently until melted.
- Once melted, coat the balls in the chocolate and refrigerate until set.