PBJ Oatmeal SlicePRINT RECIPE
Recipe and Photography by Miriam @mealsbymiri
- 150g mashed banana
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
- 50g peanut butter
- 25g raw sugar
- 40g almond milk
- 100g oats
- 80g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a generous pinch of salt
- ½ tsp + ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 50g whole wheat
- 20g oats
- 15g maple syrup
- 15g coconut oil
- 330g (approx 3/4 of a pot) Anathoth Farm Three Berry Jam
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a square baking tin (approx 20x20cm) with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix banana, flax egg, peanut butter, sugar, almond milk well before stirring in oats, flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Flatten the mixture into baking tin and bake for 7 minutes.
- While it is baking, add whole wheat, oats, maple syrup, coconut oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl. Use fingertips or a fork to mix until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Take tin out of the oven, spread jam over the cooked base, then sprinkle crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and leave to cool completely before slicing.