Pearl Couscous & Chargrilled Zucchini SaladPRINT RECIPE
Salads like this deserve to be the main attraction! Beautifully prepared vegetables, moreish Israeli couscous and a dressing that has depth and incredible flavour! Cook all your elements before your guests arrive and then just assemble before serving.
TIP: This is a large serving. If making for a small group you may like to halve the ingredients.
Photo & Recipe created for us by Jana @the_macpherson_diaries
- 2 red onions, sliced into chunky wedges
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 400 grams Israeli/pearl couscous
- 3 zucchini
- 1 tsp neutral oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, or any hardy herb
- 1 packet of snow or sugar snap peas, topped and tailed
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- pistachios, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180° fan bake.
- Place red onions in an oven tray. Remove skin from the lemon with a sharp knife and add to the tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place in oven until cooked. Set aside to cool. Chop the roasted lemon zest into small pieces.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then roast until browned at the edges.
- Cook couscous as per packet ingredients. Once cooked add a drizzle of olive oil if not using straight away. This stops it sticking.
- Slice zucchini into strips and put in a bowl with 1 teaspoon neutral oil, seasoning and oregano leaves. Combine well. Cook on a griddle pan or on the BBQ. While cooking, squeeze juice from lemon over the top.
- Blanch snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute and then plunge into ice cold water and drain.
- Make dressing by adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil to ½ cup of Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- To assemble: in a large bowl mix couscous, dressing, snow peas, zucchini, red onion and lemon zest. Place onto serving dish and scatter cherry tomatoes then garnish with pistachios.