Plum & Hemp Seed Snack SlicePRINT RECIPE
Makes: 24 small squares
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Great as a lunchbox or high energy snack.
This chewy oaty slice is a bit like a healthy version of a Louise Slice; still bursting with the delicious jammy layer. You can use all raw ingredients, or if you like a more baked, nutty flavour, toast the oats and coconut before adding.
It is important to soak the flax/linseeds overnight as the resulting liquid helps bind the base.
- 1/4 cup flax/ linseeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats, toasted if liked
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter (150g)
- 8 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Plum & Hemp Seed Preserve
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, toasted if liked
- 1/3 cup coconut thread, toasted if liked
- 1 Tbsp coconut or raw sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Put the flax seed in a bowl with half a cup of water and leave to soak overnight.
- Put these along with the sunflower, sesame, chia seeds, rolled oats, ground almonds and almond butter with 2 tablespoons of Plum & Hemp Seed Preserve in the bowl of a food processor and mix until evenly combined.
- Press into a lined 20 x 20cm square tin. Top with remaining 6 tablespoons preserve and spread out evenly.
- Put the ground almonds, oats, coconut, sugar and salt in a bowl and using your hands rub through the almond butter until you have a crumble like consistency.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over the seed base and press in. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice into small squares or finger long bars.