Pumpkin & Caramelised Onion TartPRINT RECIPE
A warm tart is a classic winter dish, but this one is anything but boring! The combination of Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish, honey, mustard and pumpkin on a flaky puff pastry base will have your mouth watering.
Dish this up for guests with a simple mesclun salad.
Recipe Serves 6
- 1 sheet flaky puff pastry, thawed
- 250g pumpkin (weighed after removing seeds), cut into wedges
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a loose-bottom tart tin.
- Arrange pumpkin in a baking dish, drizzle with oil and cover with tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Reduce oven to 180°C. Line prepared tin with pastry and prick with a fork. Fill with baking paper and baking beans, and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking beans and bake for a remaining 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, scoop out 50g of flesh from the cooked pumpkin. Transfer to a blender along with remaining ingredients (except for the Caramelised Onion Relish) and blend until smooth.
- Spread caramelised onion relish over the baked pastry case. Pour over the filling and bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through and beginning to brown on top.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm or chilled, topped with extra caramelised onion relish.