Raspberry Cashew WafflesPRINT RECIPE
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp natural cashew nut butter
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter for greasing the waffle maker
- Toppings include: Natural yoghurt, raspberry jam, assorted berries, natural cashew nut butter, chia and hemp seeds
- In a large bowl, sift together self-raising flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and desiccated coconut. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Whisk theeggs together until light and fluffy. Whisk in the cashew butter, 1 tablespoon of Raspberry Jam, buttermilk and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and whisk until just combined. Gently swirl through the remaining 2 tablespoons of Raspberry Jam to create a marbled batter.
- Heat a waffle iron until hot and grease with a small amount of butter. Drop 1-2 tablespoons of the waffle batter onto the waffle iron, close the lid and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove cooked waffles and repeat until all the batter has been used.
- To serve, top the waffles with yoghurt, extra jam, berries, whatever you like!