Relish CiabattaPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 2 loaves
We’ve used Tomato Relish in this ciabatta recipe however it lends itself to any relish or chutney to suit your tastebuds!
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 400ml warm water
- 700g high-grade flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish (or your favourite relish)
- Place sugar and dried yeast in a small bowl and pour over 100ml warm water. Leave in a warm place until the yeast is frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Sift flour and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the remaining 300ml water, oil and yeast mixture.
- Mix until the dough is smooth and shiny. This dough is very soft – try to avoid adding extra flour. Mix in the Tomato Relish.
- Turn dough out into a lightly oiled rectangular dish and fold inwards from each corner. Turn dough over and cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel and leave in a warm, draught-free spot for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Gently refold dough as above, trying to retain as many air bubbles as possible. Cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel and leave for a further 40 minutes.
- Repeat fold once more, leaving the dough for a further 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 215°C. Grease a large shallow baking tray.
- Dust the top of the dough well with flour and gently tip out onto a well-floured bench top. Cut dough in 2 and shape into 2 free-form loaves, placing on the tray. Dust well with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to prove for 20-25 minutes, then remove plastic wrap and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Use a spray bottle filled with cold water to spray steam into the oven after you place in the loaves.
- The bread will be cooked when well browned and when tapped on the base it sounds hollow. Place on a wire rack to cool.