Rhubarb & Red Berry TartPRINT RECIPE
Preparation Time: 20 mins (plus refrigeration time)
Cooking: Time: 50 mins
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 125g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp iced water, approximately
- 1/3 cup Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam
- ¾ cup smooth ricotta
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam
- 2 punnets strawberries, hulled, and quartered if large
- To make pastry, process flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until crumbly. Add enough iced water to make the mix come together. Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface, wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 12.5cm x 35cm ( or 24cm round) loose based tart tin.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets baking paper to fit tin size. Ease pastry into tin, trim excess, tidy with your fingers to fit neatly. Prick base with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place tin on an oven tray. Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking paper and weights. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Spread Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam over base, cook for 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for filling. Pour into pastry case. Cook for 20 minutes or until ricotta is set. Remove from oven , cool completely.
- Using a small saucepan, bring the orange juice and jam to the boil, stirring until smooth. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the strawberries, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove strawberries from syrup with a slotted spoon, cool slightly, place on tart. Retain syrup for serving.
- Serve slices of tart with syrup.