Savoury Cheese Scones
- 300g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g cold butter, cut into dice
- 120g tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- 200ml full cream milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Dust a baking tray with flour.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add butter and rub in with your fingertips, shaking the bowl occasionally to bring any large lumps of butter to the surface.
- Add cheese and mix. Add Caramelised Onion Relish and milk and mix quickly (using a knife), to form a dough.
- Tip dough out onto a lightly-floured bench top and bring together.
- Place dough on the baking tray and roll or pat out to about 3cm thickness. Cut dough into desired shapes. Brush with egg wash and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and puffed. Remove from oven and place scones on a wire rack and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Scones are delicious served warm with butter and extra Caramelised Onion Relish.