Seville Orange Carrot Cake
- This recipe makes 6 texas muffin pan sized cakes.
- Please note the individual cakes are really so filling – you may like to suggest you share!
- A cream cheese icing with lemon juice and dotted small diced apricots, nuts and small diced dried figs is a super contrast to the rich moist cake.
- 1/2 cups brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 140 ml canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups or 120g grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Seville Orange Marmalade
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Grease and paper line a tray of Texas muffin pans.
- Mix the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
- Sift and add the next five ingredients and combine gently till just blended - do not over mix.
- With a soup ladle fill the Texas muffin pans with mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the skewer comes out cleanly when tested.