Smoked Chicken QuichePRINT RECIPE
- This makes a 350mm x 1340mm flan.
- To serve add a little colour and place small dollops of your Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish or Sweet Chilli Relish on top of the warm quiche. A light sprinkling of micro greens adds extra colour and freshness.
- You will make a little extra pastry with this recipe – enough to make an 8cm tart you can freeze for later use.
- Use up left-over Christmas ham instead of chicken!
- 200g plain flour (approx 11/2 cups - but advise using scales)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g butter
- 50ml cold water
- 2/3 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 130g smoked chicken, cut into chunks/wedges
- 90g cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives
- Sieve SHORT PASTRY dry ingredients and place in food processor. Whizz them together, add butter. The mix will become crumbly. Drizzle in cold water and with pulse button process until it just forms a ball and no more.
- Wrap in cling wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Roll out pastry on a flour dusted bench and place in the greased flan tin - roll out to 4mm thickness.
- Bake blind (cover with baking paper and place pie weights or beans or rice on the paper to weigh it down) for 20-25 mins. Remove baking paper and pie weights.
- Sprinkle grated cheese onto the base of the blind baked pastry and then dot the surface with Tomato Relish. Place smoked chicken on top followed by cream cheese.
- Combine egg, milk, cream and seasoning together until smooth, then pour over the smoked chicken. Sprinkle with chives, then bake for approx 15-25 mins until set and slightly golden.