Smokey Tomato Baked Beans with Egg & ToastPRINT RECIPE
Makes: 1 large serve
Recipe & Photos by Jana @the_macpherson_diaries
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ capsicum, sliced
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- Pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika (or more if you like)
- 1 egg (you can add two eggs if you prefer for hungrier Dads)
- Toast with butter to serve
- 1-2 tablespoons Smoked Tomato, Chilli & Chia seed pickle, to serve
- 1 tablespoon natural/Greek yoghurt
- A sprinkle of chopped chives, parsley or spring onion
- Preheat oven on grill on 220 degrees C.
- In a small ovenproof fry pan, add the butter, oil, capsicum & onion, and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish, paprika and salt. Cook for around 8 minutes until nicely combined and beans have taken on some colour from the sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- When you are happy with the flavour of the bean mix, make a well in the centre, and add the egg. I crack my egg into a cup first, so that you can easily pour it into the gap, and also fish out any shell if you need to!
- Cook the egg for a couple of minutes until the bottom has cooked, then move to the grill to finish cooking, around 1 minute.
- While it’s grilling get your toast cooked.
- Serve straight from the pan, drizzled with the yoghurt and herbs and served with toast and Smoked Tomato, Chilli & Chia seed pickle on the side. Delish!