Socca Pizza with Feta & PestoPRINT RECIPE
This delicious Socca Pizza with Feta, Pesto & Caramelised Onion Relish is perfect to serve unexpected guests for lunch.
Makes 1 pizza
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Socca pizza base:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for greasing
- ¼ cup Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish
- ¼ cup pesto
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp walnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- Handful of rocket
- Preheat oven to 230˚C (450˚F) and put in a round cast-iron pan or pizza pan to heat.
- In a bowl, mix together chickpea flour, salt and pepper. Slowly add in warm water, whisking until there are no lumps. Add in 1 tablespoons of olive oil, mix again, and leave covered to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove pre-heated pan from oven and brush bottom with a bit of olive oil. Pour in chickpea mixture, and cook in oven for 15-18 minutes, until firm, set and starting to brown on top.
- Remove pizza base from oven. Spread Anathoth Farm Caramelised Onion Relish over base, then top with dollops of pesto, feta, walnuts and rocket. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.