Strawberry & Chocolate Chia TartPRINT RECIPE
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 35 min + 5 hr setting time
- *Only use the thick part of cream which has floated to the top of the can. This will happen to coconut cream when has no additives or emulsifiers in it.
- Store the tart in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend or plain flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup melted vegan chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Strawberry Jam
- 2 Tbsp Chia Oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp ground Chia Seeds
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hrs
- ½ cup canned coconut cream (use the thick cream only)*
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup, to taste
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp black chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Anathoth Farm Strawberry Jam
- 2 tsp beetroot powder (or a beetroot latte powder)
- Fresh berries, jam and chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a tart tin (19 x 19cm tin).
- To make base: add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. If mixture is dry, add a tablespoon of water and mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into tart tin. Press mixture against sides and bottom to form a 1cm base. Prick bottom of the base with a fork so it doesn’t puff up in the oven.
- Bake base in oven for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make filing: Drain the cashews and with coconut cream, ¼ cup of the coconut oil, maple syrup and salt into a blender. Blend until it is as smooth as possible.
- Divide cashew mixture into two bowls. Add chia seeds and vanilla extract to one bowl. Add remaining coconut oil, strawberry jam and beetroot powder to the second bowl. Stir each mixture until combined.
- Pour the vanilla chia mixture into the tart base and smooth the top. Set it aside in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When the vanilla layer is dry to the touch, pour the pink strawberry layer on top and smooth the top. Set it aside in the freezer for at least 4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- The filling is set when it is dry to the touch and doesn’t jiggle. Decorate the tart as desired and serve.