Strawberry Cream Cream DanishPRINT RECIPE
This simple but tasty Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe uses puff pastry, fresh strawberries and Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam. It’s a great dish to serve guests for breakfast, or if you’re craving something sweet. Try swapping out strawberries for your favourite seasonal fruit to change up the flavour!
- 113 grams cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 sheet puff pastry ½
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 16 strawberries very thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Anathoth Farm Rhubarb & Red Berry Jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until smooth.
- Roll out puff pastry into a rough 12″ by 12″ square. Cut in half down the middle and cut each side into 4 rectangular pieces. Divide cream cheese mixture between 8 pieces of puff pastry and spread to within ½” of the outside.
- With a fork, beat egg white and water until combined. Brush around the exposed edges of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool 20-30 minutes.
- Top with a layer of strawberries and brush with jam. Serve immediately.
- Cover leftovers loosely with plastic wrap and serve within 6-8 hours.