Strawberry Louise SlicePRINT RECIPE
If you don’t have a food processor and don’t want to rub the butter in with your fingers, you can simply melt butter and stir into dry ingredients.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 100g cold butter
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Strawberry Jam
- 1 1/2 cups medium desiccated coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 50g cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/4 cup white chocolate drops (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 23cm square tin baking paper.
- Firstly make the base by adding flour, sugar and chunks of cold butter in a bowl. Either use a food processor until it resembles crumbs, or use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mixture. Press firmly into the base of your baking tin.
- Bake the base partially for approx 15 minutes. In the meanwhile, prepare the topping.
- Combine coconut, sugar, flour and almonds in a bowl. Again, either by food processor or fingers, rub cold butter (cut into small chunks) into the mixture to resemble crumb. Add eggs and essence and mix well.
- Take partially cooked base from the oven and spread with Strawberry Jam. Then dollop topping mixture on top of jam in small spoonfuls and gently spreading to cover. Sprinkle with white chocolate drops (optional).
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cook for approx 15 minutes.