Sweet Short Crust Pastry
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 125g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp iced water, approximately
BACK TO RECIPES
- To make pastry, process flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add enough iced water to make the mix come together.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface, wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 12.5cm x 35cm (or 24cm round) loose based tart tin.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets baking paper to fit tin size.
- Ease pastry into tin, trim excess, tidy with your fingers to fit neatly. Prick base with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place tin on an oven tray. Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking paper and weights. Cook for 10 minutes.