Sweet & Sour PorkPRINT RECIPE
Because it uses Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish as the sauce, it’s a completely additive-free alternative that tastes great and is simple enough to make even for the most novice cooks.
The tomato relish is full of flavour and a spice – the ingredients closely match what is commonly found in a sweet and sour sauce, making it perfect for this dish. Fresh pineapple lends a nice hint of acidity to the dish, while the cucumber provides a burst of freshness.
Recipe was created for us by Martyna the Wholesome Cook.
- 400g pork scotch fillet
- 300g fresh pineapple pieces
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small brown onion
- 375g Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish
- 1 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds to serve
- Slice cucumber longways, scrape out seeds with a spoon. Peel onion and cut into quarters longways.
- Trim scotch fillets of all the fat, slice meat pieces into thin strips. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt, dust with flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok and stir fry capsicum, pineapple and onion until softened and lightly charred. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil until smoking hot, add pork and stir fry until nicely browned. Add cooked pineapple, onion and fresh cucumber. Pour in Tomato Relish and stir to heat through and combine.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with a side of steamed rice.