Tamarillo & Three Cheese ToastiePRINT RECIPE
The three cheeses in this recipe all add something, but feel free to use just 2 or even substitute a blue for the smoked if you are a fan; it is delicious with Tamarillo preserve!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
It is delicious served with Salted Cucumber Thins!
Ingredients: 1/2 a cucumber (thinly sliced), 1/2 tsp salt, 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 Tbsp fresh thyme sprigs
Method: Put the cucumbers in a bowl and combine with the salt and let for 5 minutes then add the vinegar and thyme and mix well. Set aside while you cook the toasties!
- 4 large slices sourdough bread (about 1-1.5cm thick)
- 40g butter, softened
- 50g cheddar, grated
- 50g smoked cheese grated
- 50g firm mozzarella, grated or sliced
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Tamarillo preserve
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over a medium/high heat.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread liberally with the butter. Place two pieces, buttered side down and pile evenly with the cheese. Spread Anathoth Tamarillo preserve over the remaining two pieces and place on top on the cheese, butter up.
- Place in the frying pan, preserve on the bottom and cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden. Keep and eye on the temperature as you don’t want the toastie cooking too fast as the cheese won't melt. Flip and cook a further 3-4 minutes.
- Cut the toasties in half and serve with the cucumbers, sprinkled with smoked paprika.