Three Berry & Chia Brioche LoafPRINT RECIPE
Makes one large loaf, or two small loaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 50ml milk, warm
- 250g high grade flour, plus extra if needed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Three Berry Jam
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Place sugar and yeast in a small bowl and pour over milk.
- Leave in a warm place until the yeast is frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Sift flour and salt into bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add eggs and frothy yeast mixture. Mix until dough is smooth.
- Add softened butter gradually and continue mixing until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add Three Berry Jam and chia seeds and just mix through. Add in a little extra flour if the dough is too sticky but remember ‘the wetter the better’ and it will firm up when the butter hardens.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn dough over to coat surface in oil, cover with plastic wrap and a clean tea towel and leave in a warm, draught-free spot for 1 ½ hours until nearly doubled in size.
- Knock the dough back, then return to the lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to allow dough to firm up.
- Remove dough from the fridge and turn out onto a lightly-floured bench top. Shape into a loaf and place in prepared tin or tins. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm spot for 1 – 1 ½ hours to prove (until the dough fills the tin).
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 190°C.
- For a large loaf - remove plastic wrap and place brioche loaf in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until dark brown on top and when the brioche loaf is tapped on the base it sounds hollow. Cool on a wire rack.