Vanilla, Cardamom & Balsamic PavlovaPRINT RECIPE
If you’re going to go all out with a dessert, try our delicious Vanilla, Cardamom & Balsamic Pavlova with Blackcurrant Jam. It’s easy to make, and looks beautiful as a centrepiece for the dessert table.
- 6 egg whites
- 330g sugar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1 pottle Anathoth Farm Blackcurrant Jam
- Preheat oven to 110°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites on medium-low speed until frothy, then increase speed to medium. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Begin gradually adding the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition. The process should take around 20 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, vanilla and cardamom and continue beating on high speed. The meringue is ready when thick, stiff and glossy.
- Divide the meringue among the two prepared baking trays and gently spread with a silicone spatula to create two circles of the same size. Gently press and lift the spatula to create texture across the top of each meringue.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then turn oven off and leave meringues to cool to room temperature in the oven - three to four hours. They should have a crisp shell on the outside.
- When cool place one meringue on a serving platter. Top with half of the yoghurt, then evenly dollop over half of the blackcurrant jam. Swirl with a knife to distribute. Place over the second meringue, top with remaining yoghurt and dollop over remaining jam. Gently swirl with a knife, then decorate with fresh berries, thyme and icing sugar. Enjoy!