Vegan Zucchini FrittersPRINT RECIPE
Time: 30 minutes
TIP: Store leftovers in the fridge and microwave to heat for lunch the next day. YUM!
Recipe and photo by @nourished_and_vibrant
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, grated
- 2 x 'flax eggs' (2 Tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp Anathoth Farm Farmstyle Pickle
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- handful chopped chives
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Grate zucchini then place in a muslin bag or a tea towel over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While waiting, make flax eggs by placing ground flax meal and water in a bowl, stirring then leaving for 3 minutes to congeal.
- Squeeze excess water from the zucchini (this is the key to avoid soggy fritters).
- Place drained zucchini in a large bowl and add flax eggs and pickle. Mix well.
- Add onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper, chives and then lastly coconut flour. Stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle or fry pan, then add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Take 2 heaped tablespoons of mixture and form a pattie with wet hands. Place formed patties onto the griddle and cook for 3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a generous dollop of Farmstyle Pickle and another sprinkle of chopped chives.