Apple Raspberry Polenta SlicePRINT RECIPE
- 3 apples
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup (210g) instant polenta
- 3/4 cup (90g) almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (80g) lite cream cheese
- icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease slice tin (20cm x 30cm) and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl and beat for 8-10 minutes for until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add polenta, almond meal, flour, baking power and cream cheese and beat/stir until just combined.
- Spoon 3 cups of the mix into the tin using the back of a spoon (dusted with flour) to press the mixture into base and up the sides of the tin.
- Peel and finely slice apples. Place in a bowl and mix through Raspberry Jam. Arrange the apple mixture onto the base and top with more polenta mixture, spreading evenly.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes then cover loosely with tin foil and bake for a further 20-25 minutes. Test with a skewer.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing.
- Dust generously with icing sugar to serve.