- You can use left-over cheese for this mix – e.g feta crumbs and grated cheese and if using scales it is approximately 150g.
- If you wish, add freshly chopped parsley or chives to this recipe and as you have the cream cheese centre, you do not need to butter these muffins.
- You can pipe the cream cheese into the muffin if desired but busy home cooks will find the teaspoon as easy option.
- 3 cups standard flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 40ml canola oil
- 40g butter, melted
- 280ml milk
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Farm Tomato Relish, or your favourite flavour
- 1 1/2 cups tasty grated cheese
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup traditional cream cheese (approx 120g)
BACK TO RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Grease muffins pans well.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt/pepper together in bowl. In another bowl mix the next five ingredients.
- Add cheese and half the seeds to flour mixture. Add wet mix to flour/cheese mix, but do not over-mix.
- Deposit half the muffin mix into the tray and top each mix with 1 tsp cream cheese.
- Then top with remaining muffin batter and finally top each muffin with remaining seed mix.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.